Communications Officer for the National Democratic Congress, Sammy Gyamfi, has described the current administration as an insensitive, deceptive, corrupt and nepotistic government who only parade itself as righteous.
According to him, the Akufo-Addo-led government through its deceptive ways is stealing from Ghanaians and perpetuating lies that the pockets of Ghanaians have been filled with GHC12bn.
The Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta during the budget presentation said government has, directly and indirectly, put and amount of GHC12bn into the pockets of Ghanaians since 2017 through its major initiatives and social interventions.
Warning the New Patriotic Party to put an end to their constant lies because Ghanaians are fed up with it, Sammy Gyamfi said “The NPP must understand that Ghanaians are discerning and can separate truth from lies. They will not fall for this ruse because in actual fact, they know that the deceptive, insensitive, corrupt and nepotistic Akufo-Addo government has taken far more than our pockets than the 12 billion they claim to have put in our pockets.”
He further raised questions over how the Finance Minister came up with all the figures mentioned in the budget, while admonishing Ken Ofori-Atta to stop the lies as Ghanaians deserve better.
Read below his full statement:
Sammy Gyamfi Esq. writes:
1. First of all, how were these figures ascertained? What’s the basis of these so-called savings and how were they arrived at? Ghanaians deserve to know.
2. Since government wants Ghanaians to know how much they have put in our pockets, can government also tell Us how much they have taken from our pockets through 50% CST increment, 50% fuel price increment, 5% increment in VAT, ever-depreciating cedi etc. We need to know.
3. If government’s claim about the Planting for Food and Jobs program is true, then why is the importation of maize and rice going up astronomically as reported by the US Department of Agriculture? And why are food prices skyrocketing on the market? We need answers.
4. On the erratic teacher trainee allowances, it’s important to note that:
• Teacher trainees now pay for their feeding and utilities which used to be free before 2017
• Additionally, Teacher trainees pay more in school fees now than they were paying before 2017
• More importantly, President Akufo-Addo has scrapped the automatic employment of teacher trainee graduates which used to be the case before 2017, and has replaced it with a nuisance mandatory National service program and an obnoxious licensure exams.
5. Again, on the erratic nursing trainee allowances, it’s worthy of note that:
• President Akufo-Addo has cancelled the Bonding Policy for nursing trainee graduates, without constructing any health infrastructural projects to create new vacancies for nurses.
Need I say more?
The NPP must understand that Ghanaians are discerning and can separate truth from lies. They will not fall for this ruse because in actual fact, they know that the deceptive, insensitive, corrupt and nepotistic Akufo-Addo government has taken far more from our pockets than the 12 billion they claim to have put in our pockets.
Ken Ofori Atta should stop the lies. Ghanaians deserve better.